[geeks] Legal Corporate Music Servers

Phil Stracchino alaric at metrocast.net
Wed May 27 09:11:39 CDT 2009

Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:

>>> The RIAA is the reason I don't buy music from RIAA labels any more.
>> I buy most of my music used.  Come to think of it, the RIAA finds fault
>> with that as well.
>
> I don't think the RIAA will be happy until/unless you pay them each time
> you listen to the music.

That's the RIAA's dream, yeah.  They want to get paid every time you
listen to anything, AND still tell you where and when you can listen to
it and on what.  They're desperately trying to prop up a dying-or-dead
business model and they're too blind to see that their complete
bloody-minded refusal to adapt is just driving more nails into their own
coffin.  Give it another ten years and if it even still exists, the RIAA
will be utterly irrelevant.

  alaric at caerllewys.net   alaric at metrocast.net   phil at co.ordinate.org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.