[geeks] seeking an excellent tandoori chicken recipe

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Tue May 26 09:10:59 CDT 2009

On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 12:06:13AM -0500, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
> On Tue, 26 May 2009, James Fogg wrote:
>
>> Close, the other secret to good Tandoori is the Tandoor oven, which is
>> insanely hot (almost 500 degrees F) and made of clay.
>
> I think you mean 500 degrees C.  Even a modest electric oven can manage
> 500F.

If I'm not mistaken, most ovens these days are self-cleaning, which
means they can manage 500C as well, and the manufactures chose not to
trust you with the choice of higher temps.

http://www.varasanos.com/PizzaRecipe.htm

This guy talks about modifying the lock on his oven so that he can cook
pizzas at high temps.