[geeks] seeking an excellent tandoori chicken recipe

gsm at mendelson.com gsm at mendelson.com
Tue May 26 00:02:32 CDT 2009

On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 12:22:14AM -0400, James Fogg wrote:

>Close, the other secret to good Tandoori is the Tandoor oven, which is
>insanely hot (almost 500 degrees F) and made of clay.

Our Weber gas grill gets to 550F or hotter after 10 minutes of running with
both burners on high and the lid closed. I recently cleaned the burner,
as it is 13 years old and some of the holes were clogged.

Our even older Caloric gas stove gets close to 500 if you set it on broil
and have enough gas in the tank. Gas service is "different" here. It's
a mixture of propane and butane in external tanks.

Geoff.