[geeks] seeking an excellent tandoori chicken recipe

Patrick Giagnocavo patrick at zill.net
Mon May 25 23:18:40 CDT 2009

OK I am rather clumsily trying to be a food geek... so far I have had
some good success with simple soups and some slow cooker meat recipes...

It is time to move on to one of the yummiest chicken recipes, tandoori
chicken.

>From what I can tell, the secret to good tandoori chicken is getting the
yogurt that the chicken is marinaded in, properly surrounding the
chicken so that the lactic acid etc. can break down the muscle fibers
and thus give you a more tender chicken.  So a marinade time of 8-24
hours is good.

Anyone have a good tandoori chicken recipe to share (e.g. spices to use,
grilling/oven times etc.)?

--Patrick