[geeks] Cheap wireless APs

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Fri May 22 11:08:11 CDT 2009

On Fri, 22 May 2009, Phil Stracchino wrote:

> If there's a way to do it with the factory firmware on a WRT54G, I never
> managed to find it.

You don't strictly need to turn off the firewall bits.  DHCP gets in the
way, which was possible to disable on the old WRT54G I had, IIRC.  I
haven't run any Linksys garbage since that WRT54G, which gave me loads of
trouble.  I fixed[0] it with a nice big hammer and now run Netgear
garbage.

[0] For values of "fixed" meaning "placed into an immutable state".
--
Jonathan Patschke ( "They don't have the right to read a book out loud."
Elgin, TX         (                  --Paul Aiken