[geeks] Cheap wireless APs

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Thu May 21 14:06:55 CDT 2009

Does anyone know anything about the following, or at least other similar
products from the same brands?  All are wireless access points.
EDIMAX EW-7206APG
ENCORE ENRXWI-SG
TRENDnet TEW-430APB

I'm mostliy leaning towards the last one.  I'm looking to use whatever
one with a XO laptop and a MacBook or two.  On the other side, it will
be either a OpenBSD, NetBSD, Linux, or stupid Verizon router.  I really
don't want a junk wireless router that I try to set to bridge mode.
Even less do I want an expensive wireless router for the same job.  But
buying a Linksys or Netgear access point seems to cost more than
respectable wireless router.