[geeks] Am I overly enthusiastic about this FiOS rate?

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Thu May 21 10:10:38 CDT 2009

" From: Phil Stracchino <alaric at metrocast.net>
"
" Sandwich Maker wrote:
" > " From: Phil Stracchino <alaric at metrocast.net>
" > "
" > " I so wish we could get FiOS here.
" >
" > a friend of mine has fios in atkinson.  it was fine until fairpoint
" > took over...
"
" Fairpoint screwed it up?

yes.  i don't know the details.

" It's been eighteen months now and they still don't have online billing
" working yet as far as I know.  The last time I tried, it was "available"
" but didn't appear to actually work.

customer svc has also gone to crap and problems are mounting for
pots/dsl lines.  i've heard of at least one business that's fled from
salem nh to lawrence/methuen ma just to get adequate phone svc.

my friend kept his pots line for emergency comm but recently canned it
because of problems with it and them.  he thinks fairpoint is headed
for bankruptcy, ch11 at least.