[geeks] Am I overly enthusiastic about this FiOS rate?

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Thu May 21 09:05:53 CDT 2009

On May 21, 2009, at 8:50 AM, adh at an.bradford.ma.us (Sandwich Maker)
wrote:

> " From: Phil Stracchino <alaric at metrocast.net>
> "
> " I so wish we could get FiOS here.
>
> a friend of mine has fios in atkinson.  it was fine until fairpoint
> took over...

Online billing is a non-issue for me.

> fios deployment is definitely... 'interesting'.

Do you mean the actual install of FiOS in a house or the roll-out plan?

>  atkinson is mostly a
> bedroom community and i'm in a small city next door [over the state
> line, as it happens], but we don't have fios.  our mayor is trying to
> talk verizon into it but so far they aren't biting.

The state border is a HUGE barrier, that means tariff approval in a
new state - non-trivial.

I can't get FiOS in my home, but 1 mile away it is available (that's
driving, 1/4 mile as the crow flies)...

Lionel