[geeks] weird hijack of IE7

Francois Dion francois.dion at gmail.com
Wed May 20 11:02:32 CDT 2009

On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 11:44 AM, Michael-John Turner <mj at mjturner.net> wrote:
> On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 09:42:30AM -0400, Francois Dion wrote:
>> This is hijacked through IE7. If it was at the protocol level, it
>> would have an issue with firefox too.
>
> Hrm. Could it be the antivirus software? It appears Kaspersky[1] makes use
> of ScanSafe's link scanning technology and I guess others may as well.

Nope, we are using a competing product for antivirus and for web
filtering etc... I dont know the latest status from Operations, but it
looks like they are going to have to rebuild that machine. I would
like to find out the cause first though, to prevent this from
happening again. Blacklisting scansafe is probably not going to be
enough if the source is elsewhere, that's why I was bringing the
subject up to begin with.