[geeks] weird hijack of IE7

Francois Dion francois.dion at gmail.com
Wed May 20 08:42:30 CDT 2009

On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 6:55 AM, Michael-John Turner <mj at mjturner.net> wrote:
> On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 04:53:19PM -0400, Francois Dion wrote:
>> This probably happens all the time, but I have a user that was
>> complaining he couldn't access one of our web based application. The
>> reason was that his IP was untrusted. It is as if he's coming from a
>> machine from scansafe.net, not from the actual trusted network he's
>> on. Only on IE 7, firefox is ok. Not sure what is at work here.
>
> Does the user have the same proxy specified in both browsers, with the same
> exclusion lists?

No proxy.

This is hijacked through IE7. If it was at the protocol level, it
would have an issue with firefox too.

None of the tools we have detect anything wrong with this machine, so
it might be part of the dell software, but if that is the case, we
should be getting more than 1 user with this problem.