[geeks] I just got ripped off, and I'm angry!

Michael C. Vergallen mvergall at telenet.be
Tue May 19 19:43:35 CDT 2009

Jonathan J. M. Katz wrote:
> Argh!
>
> So as some of you know I'm in Montreal for work. I've been here since
> January and will be here through June. Since the weather is nice the city
> has started bicycle rental kiosks. My office is roughly 2km from my hotel, a
> quick bike ride away. So I RTFM last week [
> http://www.bixi.com/subscription-and-fees/ ] and see that for $5 for the day
> and a free for 30 mins or less. I swipe my credit card this AM and ride to
> work. I get an e-mail from my wife, asking why we're overdrawn. Overdrawn?
> Say what?
>
> I was charged $285 CAD for riding the bixi bicycle 2km, about 10 minutes.
> Waiting on a response from their support team.

I think that is some kind of security deposit or something... However
they should mention it ...because this is what  is considered misleading
advertisement...(Punishable by law I think in Canada, Certainly in the
UK ...so I think also in Canada because their laws are similar.
( See Consumer protection Act))

Michael