[geeks] iPhone interface

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Tue May 19 12:36:37 CDT 2009

On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 8:51 AM, Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com> wrote:
> On May 19, 2009, at 08:40 , Lionel Peterson wrote:
>
>> On May 18, 2009, at 8:25 PM, Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com>
>> wrote:

<snip>

>>> There is also an ssh server in the iPhone which you can access if you
>>> jailbreak it, among other things.
>>>
>>> Also the rumor is that Apple is opening up the dock connector in V3
>>> software so developers can connected their own devices.
>>>
>>> For examplle: Targus folding keyboard... yeah baby... :)
>>
>> Unless I can tether to the iPhone, what is the big deal?
>
> Being able to type on a real keyboard is a pretty big deal to me and a lot
> of other users.
>
> External keyboards were big sellers for Palm and Visor PDAs a few years ago.

Agreed - my issue was the connectivity, not  the application. I'd
rather have a bluetooth connection than a heardwired one, that was my
point.

Trust me, I can *almost* carry the iPhone as my only link on short
personal trips, but extended use of the on-screen keyboard prevents
that. I can live with the display, but the keyboard gets frustrating.
If I had a roll-up keyboard that had bluetooth...

Like this one:

http://shop.vendio.com/timespringinc/item/2014906032/?s=1242545162

(Eighty dollars though, blech).

--