[geeks] Compaq Smartstart 6 CD?

Mike Hebel nimitz at nimitzbrood.com
Tue May 19 10:41:09 CDT 2009

Voices on the wind brought me a message from: Mike Hebel
> I'm trying to re-load a first-gen Compaq Dl360 here at work and I'm having
> issues getting Win2k (0) to recognize that there's a drive present.
>
> The Smartstart 5.50 CD doesn't help and 7.x doesn't support the machine.
>
> Does anybody have either an image of the version 6 CD that I can try or
> the right floppy image to make Win2k Setup recognize the integrated
> controller in the system?

Missing footnote correction:

(0) We have a piece of crappy software that only runs on Win2k or below
and it would cost the price of another server to replace it not counting
the server itself.

--
Mike

If the universe is a giant stage production then it's Sweeney Todd and
we're all meat-pies.