[geeks] I just got ripped off, and I'm angry!

Jonathan J. M. Katz jon at jonworld.com
Tue May 19 10:01:02 CDT 2009

Argh!

So as some of you know I'm in Montreal for work. I've been here since
January and will be here through June. Since the weather is nice the city
has started bicycle rental kiosks. My office is roughly 2km from my hotel, a
quick bike ride away. So I RTFM last week [
http://www.bixi.com/subscription-and-fees/ ] and see that for $5 for the day
and a free for 30 mins or less. I swipe my credit card this AM and ride to
work. I get an e-mail from my wife, asking why we're overdrawn. Overdrawn?
Say what?

I was charged $285 CAD for riding the bixi bicycle 2km, about 10 minutes.
Waiting on a response from their support team.

--
-Jon
Jonathan Katz -- J. Random BOFH