[geeks] iPhone interface

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Tue May 19 07:40:15 CDT 2009

On May 18, 2009, at 8:25 PM, Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com>
wrote:

> There is also an ssh server in the iPhone which you can access if
> you jailbreak it, among other things.
>
> Also the rumor is that Apple is opening up the dock connector in V3
> software so developers can connected their own devices.
>
> For examplle: Targus folding keyboard... yeah baby... :)

Unless I can tether to the iPhone, what is the big deal?

With Bluetooth I *should* be able to use a wireless headset, keyboard,
or camera off-load...

Anyone make a rollup bluetooth keyboard?

Honestly, aside from cheaper power adapter or a/v cables, what is
coming? I'd rather have an RDC/VNC type connection into the phone so
my car controls can do anything I want with my iPhone in my briefcase
(data network, call, pull contacts into GPS, play music, etc.).

Lionel