[geeks] Macbook probably KIA, now what?

William Barnett-Lewis wlewisiii at gmail.com
Sun May 17 14:39:32 CDT 2009

Oh, joy. My 7 year old just dumped a nearly full coke on top of my
Macbook. I've got all the bits opened up and have been drying it with
the aid of a hair drier, but odds are I'm either toast or a short
timer. And being a spill, so much for the extended warranty...

So, what is the cheapest usable netbook/laptop that I can shoehorn
MacOS X with one of the hacked up installers out there? Will any of
them take the 2 & 1 gb sticks from my Macbook (1st gen core2 dual) or
the 300gb sata drive I just put into it? I haven't look at them much
at all as I'd hoped to get several more years out of my Macbook &
can't really afford new right now anyway...

Foo.

William
--
Live like you will never die, love like you've never been hurt, dance
like no-one is watching.