[geeks] iPhone interface

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Fri May 15 13:36:58 CDT 2009

On May 15, 2009, at 12:27 PM, Rick Hamell <hamellr at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Also, some of the physical keyboards are pretty bad if they
>> compromised
>> too much on quality and ergonomics, but most of the mature units have
>> that pretty well down.
>
> I don't really care where the keyboard is. What I hate is the
> #*@(&#(!@
> auto-complete "to make my life easier." It seems like you can't turn
> it
> off, or edit the words so my text messages are full of wrong words
> because the stupid thing won't let me correct the words.

It can be frustrating, esp. if you put an abbr. or two in a sentence,
it will try to auto-complete, so you have to cancel that, then if you
add a period it wants to capitalize the next letter... And two spaces
in a row cause the previous word to be followed by a period.

You have work AGAINST the interface to use it, IMHO.

And try putting an HTML tag or two in a document - you pick ".?123",
then "#+=", then "<", then "ABC", then the HTML tag "b", then ".?123",
then #+=", then ">". then you get to close out the tag...

That paragraph took a while to type on my iPhone!

Lionel