[geeks] iPhone interface

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Fri May 15 00:16:20 CDT 2009

On May 14, 2009, at 08:25 , Mark Benson wrote:

> Yeh, you're absolutely right, hence my thinking it's unfair. It seems
> any Apple product seems to cause huge polarisation issues with people
> who swear blood and murder if you don't like it and an equal number of
> people who hate it so much they want it wiped form the earth. Aren't
> 'advocates' great :)

If you could peel your thumbs off that ridiculous screen and pathetic
UI long enough to use them for honest learning, you'd realize just how
staggeringly incorrect you are.

But then, since you use an iPhone, you obviously cannot be educated.

(typed on a BlackBerry, a man's PDA)

<pauses for effect>

Hey, that was fun, and strangely addictive, you glass screened,
drooling mouth breather!

Anyway, the funny thing is that even though I made the above up as a
joke, I've read far worse on nearly ever cell phone and PDA forum I've
visited, which is one reason I almost never go back a second time.

On a more serious note, I've found that all of the PDA input keyboards
suck initially because they are small, so it seems to me that it is a
matter of training no matter which one you get.

The only ones I have serious problems with after some practice is the
Garmin GPS onscreen keyboard because it is just plain stupid (square
layout in alpha order),
and I never have been able to get real good with telephone layout text
entry.

Also, some of the physical keyboards are pretty bad if they
compromised too much on quality and ergonomics, but most of the mature
units have that pretty well down.

I'm thinking really hard about the iPhone.

If they were on T-Mobile, I would have already done it.

Cell phone companies suck.  I don't think there is much debating that.

--
Shannon Hendrix
shannon at widomaker.com