[geeks] iPhone interface

Michael Parson mparson at bl.org
Wed May 13 19:36:33 CDT 2009

On May 13, 2009, at 4:13 PM, Shannon Hendrix wrote:

> On May 9, 2009, at 13:00 , Michael Parson wrote:
>
>> platform.  I'm hoping that 1.5 'Cupcacke', which is due out any day
>> now, will address most of it.  I'm really hoping T-Mobile pulls their
>> head out of their backsides and lets us do tethering w/o having to
>> jailbreak/root the device.  They let us do tethering with other
>> phones,
>> what makes this one so special?
>
> Hope to hear a review from you on 1.5.

Hope to get 1.5 soon so I can review it. :)

Any day now...

> I still don't like the unit physically, but if they fix a lot of the
> software and UI issues, it might get more interesting.

It is a bit bigger than what I used to carry, but not overly so.  I
really like having a real keyboard, one of the many reasons I won't be
getting an iPhone.

> I really wish I could just get a normal iPhone on T-Mobile, or if
> they would just show some love and discount a Blackberry for me.

They just showed me some love, for being such a great customer (been
with them since they were Voicestream, mid 2000 or so), they gave me a
$49.99/mo plan with unlimited talk.  Then the G1 plan on top of that,
$25/mo.  I was previously on a $59.00/mo plan for 700 minutes, so my
monthly should go down just a bit more than $10/mo, hard to argue with
that.

--
Michael Parson
mparson at bl.org