[geeks] crash tests

Sridhar Ayengar ploopster at gmail.com
Wed May 13 12:25:39 CDT 2009

Lionel Peterson wrote:
> Car Manufaturers need to document the snot out of each platform they
> offer, and I suspect the combinations you mention may change a car's
> characteristcs enough to warrant a new ass-load of documents to be filed...

The Porsche I was referring to was the Cayman.  The Cayman is a
completely new model, and so needed to be completely documented.  They
did, however, engineer it to perform not-quite-as-well as they could
have, deliberately, because they didn't want it outperforming the 911.
It's not the first time Porsche has pulled that.  Alfa Romeo and Ferrari
do it all the time too.

Peace...  Sridhar