[geeks] KVM for Sun Sparc Servers with USB keyboards

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Wed May 13 10:52:56 CDT 2009

Phil Stracchino wrote:
> Dan Sikorski wrote:
>
>> Personally, I'm willing to pay a little extra to have an interior made
>> of decent materials instead of three different colors of injection
>> molded plastic.
>>

> But with a Cadillac, you're just getting three *different* colors of
> injection molded plastic.  And some of it is chromed, and some has fake
> wood finish.

Some Cadillacs I would agree with you, but others not as much.  I don't
get in very many of them, but i have had two SRX's as rental cars in the
past, the first one, while very comfortable, had a cheap looking ugly
interior, the other one i had a year or so later was much nicer.  I
don't know if it was a different trim level or model year difference.
That said, even the second one was cheap crap compared to the Lexus and
BMW interiors that I've driven or ridden in.
>> There
>> are worse examples of badge engineering in the Saturn Sky/Pontiac
>> Solstice, or GMC Yukon/Chevrolet Suburban.  Same car, same types of
>> materials, just different styling.
>>

> Yup.  GM's structure is utterly irrational.  They should have dropped
> half their marques decades ago and kept just three brands, four at most:
>
> GMC - ALL the trucks, and ONLY trucks.  No other division may sell
> trucks, and that includes SUVs.  The whole idea of a Cadillac SUV is
> de-facto farcical.

I have to disagree a little here.  I think that the Escalade has a
place, just not in my garage.  I'd rather not try to cram a luxury car,
a family car, and a truck into one chassis, but some do.

    -Dan