[geeks] Pens and ink

gsm at mendelson.com gsm at mendelson.com
Tue May 12 14:53:02 CDT 2009

On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 03:14:15PM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:

>Yeah, but for $3 each, I can consider that "disposable", versus $25 for a
>Safari.

I was a while thinking about answering this. All that I can come up with
is that I was never fond of the feel of the nib of a Safari, and would
rather have a V Pen (which costs $5 here) than a Safari.

If you don't want the Preppy's when they run dry feel free to stuff them in
a drawer and when you get a few of them mail them to me, the cheapest possible
way. I'll gladly refill them with high quality ink using a syringe and
use them until they leak or fall apart.

Unfortunately, I think with the way the world economy is going, in a few
years throwing away a refillable pen will be a luxury few can afford. :-(

Geoff.