[geeks] TNT HD

Anthony Ortenzi geeks at litfire.com
Tue May 12 09:25:58 CDT 2009

Sridhar Ayengar mumbled out of sync:
> I hate TNT HD.  It's the only channel I get audio sync problems with on
> my new TV.

I get audio drops on American Idol (Fox, HD, Time Warner Cable in NYC,
SciAtl 8300HD DVR) which I've got to figure out.  It happens routinely
during AI, very rarely on other programs on Fox HD, and pretty much never on
other channels.  I tried both surround and stereo, and it occurs on both.

Are they just trying to discourage recording by screwing with the audio on
HD on Idol?  "Watermarking" with audio drops?  Or just delivering fox HD
poorly and I notice it because people are singing?

It happened both in my old apartment (high-rise downtown) and my new one
(brownstone uptown), so I'm unscientifically assuming that it's not the
particular install.

It certainly is frustrating.

-Anthony