[geeks] KVM for Sun Sparc Servers with USB keyboards

Phil Stracchino alaric at metrocast.net
Fri May 8 09:47:24 CDT 2009

Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
> Phil Stracchino wrote:
>> you buy used goods to stretch your income (as a lot of low-income folks
>> have to), you may even end up with more money in your pocket than you
>
> My income is above that of many two-income families, and I *still* buy a
> lot of used goods to stretch my dollar.

Absolutely.  Not only is buying used often a better value if in good
condition, it's often better than what's being made new in the first
place.  My wife's Hobart C-100 mixer is a good example.  It isn't a
"stand mixer"; it's a machine tool that happens to mix stuff.  (It even
has a PTO to drive accessories.)  Far too many new products are cheaply
made crap.

Of course, in *this* crowd, that's preaching to the choir  :)

  alaric at caerllewys.net   alaric at metrocast.net   phil at co.ordinate.org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.