[geeks] KVM for Sun Sparc Servers with USB keyboards

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Thu May 7 18:34:05 CDT 2009

On May 7, 2009, at 6:24 PM, Phil Stracchino <alaric at metrocast.net>
wrote:

> Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
>> On Thu, 7 May 2009, Phil Stracchino wrote:
>>
>>> I think part of the point of the way the Fair Tax is designed is
>>> that it
>>> *can't* be cheated and loopholed in that way, without it being
>>> REALLY
>>> BLATANTLY OBVIOUS that someone's cheating.  You are familiar with
>>> how
>>> it's supposed to work, right...?
>>
>> However, to implement the "fair" tax, the federal government would
>> need to
>> be involved with every single retail transaction.
>
> And they're not involved with every paycheck you get now...?
> And they don't, directly or indirectly, monitor almost every dollar
> you
> spend already...?

The STATE is involved in every retail transaction, and the Feds would
likely piggy-back on their collection (state tax rate + n% for fed).

Monitoring paychecks is easier, there are fewer sources than with
retail sales.

No matter how you slice it, someone's of will be gored, and no ones
willing to take one for the team, as it were...

Lionel