[geeks] KVM for Sun Sparc Servers with USB keyboards

Patrick Giagnocavo patrick at zill.net
Thu May 7 18:18:38 CDT 2009

Phil Stracchino wrote:
> Sandwich Maker wrote:
>> " From: Phil Stracchino <alaric at metrocast.net>
>> " I think part of the point of the way the Fair Tax is designed is that it
>> " *can't* be cheated and loopholed in that way, without it being REALLY
>> " BLATANTLY OBVIOUS that someone's cheating.  You are familiar with how
>> " it's supposed to work, right...?
>>
>> actually...  no.
>
> OK, this is the basic idea:

The reality is, that we have the Byzantine tax code we have, for the
specific reason that it increases Congress' power to grant exemptions to
lobbyists and special interest groups.

Any sort of simplified tax, would remove that power.

Consider the case of corrupt windbag Charlie Rangel, who is Chairman of
the House Ways and Means committee - he has an interlocking web of
non-profits he is involved with, and those non-profits pay/donate money
to each other and sponsor junkets he goes on, among other things.

The NY Times reported oil-drilling businessman Eugene Isenberg made a $1
million pledge toward building The Rangel School for Public Service at
City College of New York.

Rangel later preserved a controversial offshore tax loophole that saved
millions for Isenberg's company.

How could such graft be accomplished under the fair or flat tax?  It
couldn't - which is why it will NEVER be implemented.

--Patrick