[geeks] Jetway motherboards?

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Thu May 7 15:48:41 CDT 2009

On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 4:10 PM, Bill Blum <bill.blum at gmail.com> wrote:
> Anyone have thoughts/opinions on the Jetway motherboards?
> I'm being asked to consider them for a 'project' that isn't necessarily
> mission critical, but it would be a good idea if they were reasonably
> robust.
>
> The Intel Atom-based boards are all nice and that, but I'm hoping for more
> RAM than 2GB....
> (2GB will *work*, but 4 GB would be *awesome* for this purpose.)

Why not look at the Intel Atom MBs? The D945GCLF2 has gigabit ethernet
and a dual core Atom ("pseudo-Quad Core" if you consider
HyperThreading) for under $100?

There are similar ITX MBs from Intel that will take conventional CPUs
(up to and including actual Quad Cores) and 4 Gigs of RAM (or more):

DG41MJ - http://www.intel.com/products/desktop/motherboards/DG41MJ/DG41MJ-overview.htm

DQ45EK - http://www.intel.com/products/desktop/motherboards/DQ45EK/DQ45EK-overview.htm

DG45FC - http://www.intel.com/products/desktop/motherboards/DG45FC/DG45FC-overview.htm

And Atom MBs:

D945GSEJT - http://www.intel.com/products/desktop/motherboards/D945GSEJT/D945GSEJT-overview.htm

D945GCLF2 - http://www.intel.com/products/desktop/motherboards/D945GCLF2-D945GCLF2D/D945GCLF2-D945GCLF2D-overview.htm

The above assumes, of course, you want to stay with miniITX.

Lionel

--
Lionel Peterson
lionel4287 at gmail.com