[geeks] KVM for Sun Sparc Servers with USB keyboards

Mike Meredith very at zonky.org
Wed May 6 14:57:18 CDT 2009

On Wed, 6 May 2009 07:14:52 -0400, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> On May 6, 2009, at 3:04 AM, Mike Meredith <very at zonky.org> wrote:
> > Yes. Oh I dare say that you can find some anarchists who believe
> > that an anarchist society can evolve out of a failed state, but
> > they're not in a majority[0].
>
> Have anarchists been polled?

What? And ruin a good argument with facts ?

> I can't imagine how an anarchist "state" could be "formed" - even
> the simplist of agreements would preclude that:
>
> Rule number 1: We agree there are no rules, anyone that establishes
> a rule is in violation of this rule...

Rules imply a ruler who imposes those rules by force. At least to an
anarchist. Consensus agreements might function as "rules" and be more
acceptable to anarchists.

> I would counter that AFAIK there is no central Gov't in Somalia, and

Well obviously not, although what is left of the last central
government survives; it merely doesn't control the whole territory.

> that these so-called "mini-states" are more likely attempts to
> survive in a country with no other form of governance. What you call
> a "mini- state" could easily be little more than an extended family,
> armed, and living in either an isolated region or behind a wall.

Hmmm ...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Somalia_map_states_regions_districts.png

Most of those extended families have pretty big back gardens. At least
one of those mini-states provides free schooling to children - however
basic it is, that's a sign of a not totally unhealthy state.

Not that I'm saying Somalia is much better than the impression we
get ... I'm pretty sure there's plenty of lawless chaos in various
areas.

--
Mike Meredith (http://zonky.org/)
 ... a software firewall is like bringing a knife to a gunfight.