[geeks] KVM for Sun Sparc Servers with USB keyboards

Sridhar Ayengar ploopster at gmail.com
Tue May 5 19:04:48 CDT 2009

Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
> Funny, that happens in many of states -with- central governments.  To a
> lesser degree it happens in this country.  Rape seems to be an acceptable
> form of punishment in prison (even though it doesn't show up in the
> sentence anywhere).  Plunder is the inevitable result of not paying the
> property taxes levied against you or owning a vehicle without begging
> permission, etc.  Murder is what happens when the state puts men to death
> even when there is evidence[0] to acquit or when armies set up camp
> overseas (in our name) in order to kill enemies who haven't directly
> attacked near us.

I can't bring much physical strength to bear in my own defense.  Having
me, myself, defending my own property is a situation in which I would
never want to be in.  I would need help.  If the government around here
became so ineffective that there was rampant looting and plundering
going on around me, I would abandon my house (which I paid a good sum of
money for, mind you) and leave this country without hesitation.

I live in a safe neighborhood.  I don't trust my neighbors to keep my
house safe.  They have their own asses to worry about.  If my neighbors
(and I) were to get organized into a group to provide for mutual
defense, then you're already starting to talk about a government.

I don't believe in the death penalty.  I don't believe in communal
incarceration.  I don't believe in wars taken for offensive or
preemptive reasons.  However, many people around me do, and there isn't
a whole lot I can do to convince them of what I perceive as their error.

Through world travel, I have gotten a close look at other countries.  I
prefer our government here.  It isn't perfect, but it could be a lot
worse.  Getting rid of it completely causes more problems than it solves.

Anarchy isn't the answer because people are fundamentally assholes.
Setting up a government is just a way to ensure that, if one asshole
gets too much power, all of the other assholes will beat him back down.

Peace...  Sridhar