[geeks] KVM for Sun Sparc Servers with USB keyboards

Mike Meredith very at zonky.org
Tue May 5 16:32:14 CDT 2009

On Tue, 5 May 2009 16:03:25 -0500, Brian Dunbar wrote:
> > That sounds a great deal like an entrenched bureaucracy rather than
> > just government.
>
> I did not say it was otherwise.

I was making the point that _all_ long-lived and large organisations
are subject to the same sort of problems. After all there's the old
joke about IBM :-

Two lions escape from the zoo. They decide to split up and meet back in
two months to see how the other is doing.

Two months later, one lion is scrawny and beat up, the other is fat and
happy. The scrawny beat up lion says, "I went to the park and started
eating children. The police and national guard came after me and I
haven't stopped running since. How are you so well fed?"

The second lion replies, "Easy! I Just hid outside the IBM office and
ate a manager every day. Nobody even noticed!"

> Low responsibility, low expectations, low pay.  But great job
> security.

If you pay peanuts, you get monkeys :)

--
Mike Meredith (http://zonky.org/)
        It's a bad idea to let third parties generate outbound mail