[geeks] KVM for Sun Sparc Servers with USB keyboards

Mike Meredith very at zonky.org
Tue May 5 16:25:08 CDT 2009

On Tue, 5 May 2009 16:51:33 -0400 (EDT), nate at portents.com wrote:
> We live in an age of the tyranny of the corporation, the corporation

Indeed ... it's possibly a more serious problem than bad government.

> which has it's teams of lawyers and lobbyists.  An age of
> multinational companies with revenues greater than the GDP of small
> nations.
>
> And I don't think promoting some sort of regression away from our
> current hyperindustrialized global economy is the answer.  That genie
> is largely out of the bottle.

Destroying the multinationals whilst a fun thing to contemplate would
cause more damage that it would be worth. It would be good to have
more CEOs interested in measures of performance other than merely
profit.

Some time back there was a report indicating that many CEOs are in fact
"successful" sociopaths. Perhaps we need psychometric testing of CEOs
(and others in a position of power) to exclude such people ?

I once suggested in relation to banks that we don't need more
regulation. We really need more supervision - someone who sits on the
board to say "hell no" when they decide on something dangerously dumb.

--
Mike Meredith (http://zonky.org/)
 This message represents the official view of the voices in my head