[geeks] KVM for Sun Sparc Servers with USB keyboards

Patrick Giagnocavo patrick at zill.net
Tue May 5 15:58:02 CDT 2009

Sandwich Maker wrote:
 > yeah, government sucks - but anarchy is worse; 'no government' [not to
> mention honest, efficient government] is not in the human psyche.
> power corrupts; someone will always step in to abuse the power.

We are almost at some weird combination of anarchy and tyranny in the USA.

The original purpose of the USGov was

1. to protect the people against invasion
2. to ensure that contracts were enforced

Given the number of illegal, identity-thieving, aliens in the country,
(1) is now gone, and given the bailout and auto-industry changing of the
rules, including the direct firing of the CEO of a publicly traded
company, (2) is now out the window as well.

> churchill [?] was right when he said democracy is the worst form of
> government except for all the others, and machiavelli was dead on
> about politics and the human animal.

And Ben Franklin was right when he said, "a Republic, if you can keep it".

--Patrick