[geeks] KVM for Sun Sparc Servers with USB keyboards

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Mon May 4 19:42:37 CDT 2009

On Mon, 4 May 2009, hike wrote:

>>> they do not permit serial consoles.
>
> serial consoles, etc. are not used at this site so.
> i have to work within the constraints of the site and not necessarily what i
> like best.

I apologize for misunderstanding your use of the word "they" in your
they were firmware-limited in some way, not that the site managers
prohibit serial consoles.

I've worked in such a place (a government[0] agency), and I empathize with
you for having to deal with such insanity.

[0] That was actually the job that shifted my political persuasion from
     "minimal government conservative" to "no governments for me, thank
     you."
--
Jonathan Patschke ( "They don't have the right to read a book out loud."
Elgin, TX         (                  --Paul Aiken