[geeks] RFID systems?

gsm at mendelson.com gsm at mendelson.com
Mon May 4 07:49:57 CDT 2009

On Mon, May 04, 2009 at 08:37:33AM -0400, William Enestvedt wrote:
>Jonathan, do you mean Sun Spots? http://www.sunspotworld.com/

They are neat devices, but they don't do what I want. I want to be able
to put rfid tags on books, around 20,000 of them and read them as
they walk by.

I also need to do that with students, faculty, staff and guests, but thats
going to be less than 2000 over the 10 years I envision the system will be
in use. I don't expect anything to last that long except for the rfid tags
hidden in the books. I assume there will be a succession of computers, readers
and software during that time.

BTW, wouldn't they be called OracleBits, or something like that now?

Geoff.