[geeks] RAM is cheap

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Tue Mar 31 19:56:06 CDT 2009

On Mar 31, 2009, at 11:59 , gsm at mendelson.com wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 11:06:10AM -0400, nate at portents.com wrote:
>>> Anyway, it struck me as cheap...
>>
>> Yes, the RAM market has bottomed out, RAM is selling for less than
>> the
>> cost to make it, and RAM makers are going under.
>
> No, going under was so 2008. Now they are "positioning for a bailout".

True... Taiwan government now runs a large percentage of their dead
RAM companies.

Not just a bailout, but a government takeover.

What should be interesting is what happens when the government owned
ones also over-produce and bottom out, as they surely will.

I'm avoiding other even worse scenarios.

--
Shannon Hendrix
shannon at widomaker.com