[geeks] PCI Cable Modem

Jonathan J. M. Katz jon at jonworld.com
Tue Mar 31 15:20:02 CDT 2009

I asked this on twitter the other night but figured I should ask here,
too...

Does anyone here have, or is anyone here familiar with PCI cable modems? I'm
thinking it would be a cool toy to have; I'd be able to build a system to be
my own integrated firewall/IDS/NAT gateway for my house, as well as have a
few different physical segments hanging off of that system for different
things (toys for work on one, honeypot on the other, and my more protected
home network on the 3rd.)

Has anyone tried this kind of setup? Any hardware recommendations?