[geeks] small raid enclosures

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Tue Mar 24 00:31:53 CDT 2009

On the subject of small RAID enclosures for making a ZFS raid (topic
the other day):

I found some on newegg that don't require wall warts, and they are
small.

Most seem to be made by Sans Digital, like this one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16816111025

Hopefully they will work with eSATA cards besides the one supplied,
since I don't know if those will work with Solaris or not.

Anyway, not sure how I missed these before.  Maybe I saw some that did
need a wall-wart the first time I looked.

Anyway, I might look through these and pick one up that can do JBOD.
Don't care for the other RAID support since I won't be using it, but
hopefully it does not get in the way.

Hmmm... 4 bays, 8 bays... I really want 5... :)

--
Shannon Hendrix
shannon at widomaker.com