[geeks] latest system monitoring for Solaris 10 x86

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Fri Mar 20 09:32:58 CDT 2009

On Mar 20, 2009, at 08:45 , William Enestvedt wrote:

> Shannon Hendrix wrote:
>>
>> [The BIOS upgrade] requires Windows though. I have tried a couple of
>> "Windows Live" ISO images, but they won't boot on the Dell.
>>
>   How about putting Windows on a cheap external USB hard drive that
> you
> can reformat after use? </bleedingly_obvious>

The T105 will not boot the Windows installs that I have.  None of them
support the all-SATA motherboard.

A lot of my current rescue and OS install disks fail on machines with
SATA optical drives.

I ended up booting Knoppix and running the Linux firmware updater.

The T105 loves really 64-bit UNIX OS, but isn't so happy with 32-bit
or older stuff.

That's starting to happen a lot lately, with systems beginning to balk
at running older things, especially if the OS in question was not
written to deal with new boot technology and the wider variety of
chipsets available now.