[geeks] Dell T105 Server, CPU and RAM upgrade

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 15:07:11 CDT 2009

On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 2:39 PM, Sevan / Venture37 <venture37 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Shannon Hendrix wrote:
>>
>> No, I'm not.
>>
>> It's provided as a Windows executable and I've not yet figured out how to
>> run it and install it.
>
> there is a linux version aswell.

>From the Dell Website - instructions for the Linux version:

Custom Instructions for PET105-BIOS_LX_01.03.02.BIN:

Download
1. Click the "Download Now" link to download the file.
2. When the File Download window appears, click "Save" to save the
file to your hard drive.

Installation
1. Read over the release information presented by executing the
"./PET105--BIOS_LX_01.03.02.BIN --version" command from the shell.
2. Download and install any prerequisites identified in the above step
before proceeding.
3. Install any necessary Embedded Systems Management firmware prior to
this BIOS update.
4. Run the update by executing "./PET105--BIOS_LX_01.03.02.BIN" from the shell.
5. Follow the remaining prompts to perform the update.

Link: http://tinyurl.com/t105-BIOS

I wonder if Sun's lxrun would allow this to run?

Link: http://www.sun.com/software/linux/compatibility/lxrun/

Lionel