[geeks] Impressive...

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Fri Mar 13 13:16:58 CDT 2009

On Mar 12, 2009, at 23:09 , Dan Duncan wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 4:31 PM, Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com
> > wrote:
>> That's a good point.
>>
>> The blue lights drive me crazy at night, and that's probably why.
>>
>> Unfortunately it is being put into everything.
>>
>> This goes right along with devices that don't have an on/off switch.
>>
>> I have a really cool Dymo label printer, but the damned thing has
>> no off
>> switch, and it has a bright blue LED on it.
>
> How about using some of that tail light repair film/tape?
> A couple of layers would give you a dimmer purple light.

That's a great idea for dimming LEDs, and I also found some tips on a
car customization site.

However, the Dymo LED is too recessed.  But some of the car stuff
which is a liquid might work.

But my PC... that film would likely work and the way the Lian-Li case
is built, I could hide it so you could not tell it was done.

Thanks.

--
Shannon Hendrix
shannon at widomaker.com