[geeks] bah.

Phil Stracchino alaric at metrocast.net
Thu Mar 12 12:32:05 CDT 2009

Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
> Phil Stracchino wrote:
>> *sigh*
>> Back to the drawing board....
>>
>> But at least now I know it SHOULD run a BSD amd64 MP kernel.
>
> NetBSD's twe(4) doesn't support the 9000, but it's twa(4) does.  Check
> if it's the same with OpenBSD.

OpenBSD doesn't have a twa(4) driver.  Thank 3Ware's obstructivity for
that, according to Theo.

I know the FreeBSD twa(4) driver supports it, but I haven't gotten to
the bottom of the FreeBSD stability or amd64-compatibility issues yet.

I also found out during the OpenBSD and FreeBSD experiments so far that
FreeBSD seems pretty happy to boot from a software RAID1 mirror, but
OpenBSD seems is a little hinky about the idea; you can build a raid0
device holding the entire system easily enough, but the raid0 device
doesn't have a valid MBR to install the bootloader, and installboot
won't perform cross-device boot installs.

  alaric at caerllewys.net   alaric at metrocast.net   phil at co.ordinate.org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.