[geeks] FreeBSD, the saga continues

Phil Stracchino alaric at metrocast.net
Tue Mar 10 19:50:32 CDT 2009

Sevan / Venture37 wrote:
> the output from dmesg should cover everything

Well, it gives me some information:

CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 3.20GHz (3200.13-MHz 686-class CPU)
  Origin = "GenuineIntel"  Id = 0xf41  Stepping = 1
  Features=0xbfebfbff<FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,
      MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CLFLUSH,DTS,
      ACPI,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,SS,HTT,TM,PBE>
  Features2=0x641d<SSE3,DTES64,MON,DS_CPL,CNXT-ID,CX16,xTPR>
  AMD Features=0x20100000<NX,LM>
  Logical CPUs per core: 2

As far as I can figure out, the fact that they're 3.2GHz Socket 604
processors with hyperthreading and SSE3 support mean they pretty much
have to be either Nocona or Irwindale 90nm architectures.  The AMD NX
feature, I think, narrows them down to Irwindales.  2 CPUs are detected,
which rules out Dempseys.  So I think I'm looking at Irwindale
architectures here, RK80546KG0882MM, which SHOULD support 64-bit.

And ....  it just panicked.

  alaric at caerllewys.net   alaric at metrocast.net   phil at co.ordinate.org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.