[geeks] FreeBSD advice please?

Phil Stracchino alaric at metrocast.net
Tue Mar 10 10:17:01 CDT 2009

nate at portents.com wrote:
> AMD64 = EM64T = Intel 64 = x86-64 = x64
>
> It's all the same damn thing with absolutely stupidly different names.
>
> And calling something "Xeon" is so generic it can mean anything from a
> Pentium II architecture to a Core i7 architecture.

Yeah ....   unfortunately POST gives me little useful information.  It
just says Intel Xeon 3.20GHz, liberally scattered with trademark
symbols.  I *THINK* they're P4 Xeons, but I'm not really up to date on
Intel processor variations and I won't know for sure until I can get a
look at the processor ID string.

  alaric at caerllewys.net   alaric at metrocast.net   phil at co.ordinate.org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.