[geeks] trolltech qt library: making it small and graphicless

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Mon Mar 9 13:46:41 CDT 2009

At work one of our programmers has written a UNIX daemon using
Trolltech's Qt library.

I need to find a way to cram Qt into an embedded FreeBSD system.

Qt is huge, and it wants all kinds of cruft that I don't want in the
embedded image, like X11 support and so on.  I'm fairly certain that
Qt and the stuff it needs will not even fit in our OS images (fixed
size flash drives).

Since he doesn't use any graphics functions at all, is there any way I
can build a minimal Qt that just has the non-gui application support?

No joy so far trolling their forums and other information sites.