[geeks] Needed: A good sparc workstation

nate at portents.com nate at portents.com
Mon Mar 9 12:09:28 CDT 2009

> I have stability problems with FF3 on linux/x86_64, and I only use 2 up
> to date plugins.  Every so often (could be days, could be several times
> in a single day) it just exits.  I suspect that flash is to blame.

AFAIK, flash is in public alpha for x64_64 in Linux:

http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer10.html
"An alpha refresh of 64-bit Adobe Flash Player 10 for Linux operating
systems was released on 2/24/09. The release versions of Flash Player 10
for Windows, Macintosh, 32-bit Linux, and Solaris are now available from
the Flash Player Download Center."

That would explain the instability you're seeing.

- Nate