[geeks] Impressive...

Michael-John Turner mj at mjturner.net
Sat Mar 7 05:52:38 CST 2009

On Fri, Mar 06, 2009 at 07:34:20AM -0500, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> If nothing else, the T105 has a bar between the 2 drive bays, so I never
> would have contemplated such an install...

Indeed. I wasn't keen on removing that, so I currently run the machine
without the plastic front that usually covers the drive bays. All of the
surgery I did was internal.

> I would have gone external eSATA cabinet myself, but my T105 has 2x 1TB WD
> "green" HDs, so that's plenty local storage (for me, needs differ, of
> course).

I'm using this system for backups and to host VMs, so it has 4x1TB Seagates
(which required firmware upgrades, but let's not go there) and 8GiB RAM.
Nice little machine for the money (paid GP 149 for the base, with 512MiB
and 2x80GB).

-mj
--
Michael-John Turner