[geeks] Impressive...

Mark Benson md.benson at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 02:03:19 CST 2009

I'm just going for a small, quiet-ish data/web/db server bin here.
Nothing serious. This isn't for $work.

I was gonna use the 2.5" for the OS, the flash as a ZFS cache, and
then 4 3/5" drives as the data pools(s).

The only problem with adding drives 2 at a time is you essentially
aren't any better off, as both sides of your mirror are likely to be
from the same disk batch. I'd just have to buy the disks and stockpile
them I guess over 4 or 6 months, then put 4 in in a 3+1 or 2 1+1s.

If I use separate pools can I still merge them into one contiguous
data area?

--
Mark Benson

My Blog: