[geeks] OpenSolaris ready for Production?

Francois Dion francois.dion at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 10:58:55 CST 2009

On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 11:45 AM, Sridhar Ayengar <ploopster at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Sometimes you don't get much of a choice :(
>>
>> I guess not. I aspire never to work in a company large enough to afford or
>> require Oracle anyway ;)
>
> Am I the only one around who *likes* Oracle?
>
> Peace...  Sridhar

I didn't know how to answer this the first time around, so I skipped,
but to answer your question, you are not alone. It is the best
database out there, and if not for the $$ question, there is no reason
to run anything else for a full fledged enterprise database. Still,
for even the smallest of company, Oracle Standard One is $5000 list.