[geeks] Impressive...

Angel Martin Alganza ama at ugr.es
Wed Mar 4 09:12:39 CST 2009

Hi, Sridhar, everybody,

On Tue, Mar 03, 2009 at 02:48:33PM -0500, Sridhar Ayengar wrote:

> My latest configuration is capable of 24TB (after RAID 5 overhead)
> in a box the size of a largeish mid-tower PC.  I love it.

Which hardware and software are you using on that beast?  I'm planing
to build up a NAS box (I'm exploring FreeNAS, FreeBSD based, which I
very much like at the moment;  I've also found OpenFiler, Linux based,
which I haven't explored yet), although I would prefer a rackable box,
rather than a tower.

Cheers,

Angel