[geeks] Apple desktop refresh

Mark Benson md.benson at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 18:36:02 CST 2009

On 3 Mar 2009, at 23:11, Mike Meredith wrote:

> Well it might be cutting off my nose to spite my face, but I wouldn't
> feel right returning a perfectly adequate product just because the
> product has been 'refreshed'.

Well if you consider Apple *held up* an order for a Mac Pro from Leo
Laporte so he'd get a new spec machine rather than an old one when he
ordered one last week, I call unfair on them selling you an old one. ;o)

In the UK, if you are not happy with a product you have the right to
return it, and claim a full refund inside a certain time period *if it
was mail ordered*. If I'd got a new machine then they'd refreshed it a
week later I'd return it, get a refund and buy a new one :). For that
reason alone I always mail order my Apple machines rather than buying
them in store (that, and there's no Apple Stores near me!).

--
Mark Benson

My Blog:
<http://markbenson.org/blog>